Share your Words * Share your Story!
We are now accepting submissions for the 2019 Dance and Desire Anthology from Paulette Rees-Denis and Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance®.
Dance and Desire: From the Body to the Page
Each anthology is lovingly compiled by Paulette and her team to share the community’s perspective on Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® and the magic that it creates, as well as any style of dance and movement!
Whether that magic appears in the awakening connecting you have found to your body, an opening of your heart, a deeper dive into life, or just the fostering of an appreciation for life as a dance – all of us as dancers are touched by this magic of movement. In past anthologies, dancers have discussed their very first impressions of the dance, their thoughts on stage performance, their thoughts on dancing through the winter. So many have contributed lovely thoughts and words…
And now YOU can be a part of this tradition!
Last year’s cover art by Jude Jones!
What’s your dance story? How do the movements, music, community, costuming make you feel? And how has the beautiful dance enriched your life and spirit? We’re hunting for some great stories to share with our global community. Whether it’s an article, poem, drawing or photograph, we’d love to share your powerful experiences. This year, we’re asking dancers to describe how dance has shaped their desires and transformed their lives.
***Deadline for this next release is September 15th, 2019!***
General guidelines for submission to the anthology can be found below.
This will be our 5th Dance Anthology! We love to share you with our global tribes.
Guest Posting Guidelines
We love to publish your words, stories, art, photographs — all things that are incorporating feminine empowerment and beauty, health and wellness, coaching and business, using movement and dance and words as the catalysts for living a gorgeously rich life! Got something to share? Bring it on…
General Guidelines for Written Posts:
- Please submit full, ready-to-publish articles. We will edit as necessary.
- 500 – 900 words work best.
- Please include info if your work has been or is going to be published elsewhere.
- Post should include at least one image that is Creative Commons or owned by you. If you do not own the rights to the photo, please include the source of the photo, and photographers name, so we can double-check the licensing.
- Please include your (short) bio, a link to your site, and a good quality headshot/photo.
- Your Gypsy Caravan Tribal Bellydance® experience – Did you attend a workshop, training or take a course and want to share the impact that it’s had on your dancing or your life? We want to hear about it!
- Love to write about your dance, health, nutrition, wellness?
- Have you had a great experience incorporating dance and movement into your life? How has it changed your views on body shapes, age, sizes, friendships, collaborations, art, etc…
- Life and business coaching experiences, from both sides-client and coach…
- Self-connection and the art of living
- Have an amazing troupe of dancers and want to share what you do?
- Seen an amazing show that rocked your world, read a book the moved your spirit?
- Starting a business? Your experiences or advice…
- Are you a creative entrepreneur and have a suggestion to pass on about stepping up your art and business?
- Learned something from a teacher or a student or a stranger that is worth telling the world?
- Used dance, movement, and writing as a healing method for yourself or your clients?
- Why you dance? Meditate? Believe in a full creative life?
- Poetry, photographs, essays related to us!
- Get the idea?
Asking for your patience as we get to responding back to you. We will read every submission and let you know as soon as we know if we can use your piece. Please do not submit articles that have no relationship to what we are about here at Gypsy Caravan/Paulette Rees-Denis Headquarters! We will not respond back to you if your article has nothing to do with our groove…
Please submit your work to Allie@gypsycaravan.us
Our projected publication date for this year’s Anthology is Christmas 2019!